The Westford Public Schools greatly appreciates all offers to donate computer equipment for educational use. Our schools benefit from the generosity and public mindedness of those who make technology available to our students and educators in this way. In some cases we are unable to accept donations because the equipment is unserviceable for educational or administrative purposes or because the cost of making the equipment serviceable is prohibitive.
The following guidelines for donations have been set to insure that donated equipment and/or software can be used to support our learning activities in a cost-effective way.
• Any equipment to be donated must be in working order.
• The original documentation and disks that came with equipment should be included with the donation.
• Individuals making donations are reminded to remove from hard drives personal files and licensed software not intended for donation.
• Software donations must include proof of license and, when applcable, a transfer of license.
The following computer equipment is currently being accepted:
• Any network-capable* Windows XP computer with a Pentium III 500 MHz or higher processor and 256 MB memory (in some cases the memory requirement may be waived)
• Any network-capable* Macintosh computer with an Intel or G4 or higher processor and CD drive
• Any network-capable* Macintosh iMac with a slot-loading CD drive
• Any notebook or laptop computer meeting the above criteria
• Any network-capable* printer that is compatible with the equipment specified above
• Scanners that can be connected with a USB cable
• Flat-panel monitors (minimum 17-inch display) in good condition may be accepted, depending on need.
*Network-capable computers and printers are those with a 10/100 MBPS Ethernet card or a 802.11b or higher Wi-Fi-compliant interface.