World Language Department Mission Statement:
The Westford Academy World Language department is dedicated to providing high quality language learning experiences for its students in an articulated sequence of instruction.
World Language Core Beliefs:
- We believe that all students can and should learn another language.
- We believe that students should use the target language more than 90% of the time in the classroom.
- We believe that exposure to a variety of languages allows students to develop a deep understanding and appreciation of other cultures as well as their own.
- We believe that learning another language prepares students to communicate and participate successfully as informed citizens in a global society.
Student Learning Goals in World Language:
- Students will develop their interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communication skills in the target language.
- Students will increase their cultural understanding by comparing their own culture to other cultures.